Thursday, October 4, 2012

Birthday Traditions your Children will never forget!

It is never too early to begin Birthday traditions for the kiddos in your life. I recently posted this tutorial on how to make a balloon Birthday Wreath. We will pull this out every year a few days before my Son's Birthday so he knows his special day is coming.

Here are some other ways to make your child's Birthday special, starting when they first roll out of bed in the morning!

Starting the night before his birthday I started to get some surprises ready for him. I used streamers to put over his door frame, and hung a few balloons from the top of his door. The point was for him to bust out of the room! But my Son got sneaky and did a belly crawl out of his room under the streamers! He is too silly!

I put some balloons down the hallway leading to a little present for him to open in the morning. 

Each balloon was weighed down with quarters, so it was an extra surprise for him!



The next morning I got up super early and put out lots of other balloons in the hallway. 3 balloons had a dollar bill in them. It was a fun little game for him to find the balloons with the money.

When my Little Man woke up in the morning (as a 3 year old!!!) he was so surprised, happy and had the best morning. It was a lot of fun for him, and for me and his Daddy to watch him. Birthdays have always, and will always be a big deal to my family. It's a day to celebrate! So go all out, in any way you can to show your kids how special they are! The will always remember these things, and it's never too early to start traditions for your family that your kids will pass on.


Happy celebrating! ~ Miranda


15 comments:

  1. When I was young, my parents used to hang handmade signs all over the house wishing me or my siblings a happy birthday. They would be every where. My sisters and I have all continued this tradition with our children. My son is 4 and he got such a kick out of doing it for my husbands birthday this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great to see children get a kick out of making traditions for parents?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderfully special ideas!

    I made a birthday cake fabric table runner that gets put onto the dining room table a week before all family birthdays. (We have so many in June it's basically out all month!) I also have a porcelain birthday cake candle holder that we use, as well.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. what my mom did one year was when my sister and i came out of our rooms, my mom had printed colored papers with the paper asking questions like what day is mom and dads anniversary or if you were a boy what would your name had been or how much were you when u were born? and she layed the papers out in a wavy line one the floor leading to the living room and we couldnt move onto the next question until we got the question right! i reminded me of candyland but when i have kids i am totally doing this♥☻☺ and one more thing my mom did for my b-day was my sister and i had gotten phones so she put them right outside our room and called them witch woke us up and made us sooooo exited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We always got to decorate and wear a crown on the day of our birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. me encanto lo hare este año para mis dos hijos la niña que cumplira 4 y el niño que cumplira 8 :D gracias por estas fabulosas ideas!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of these ideas! My soon to be four year old will be surprised with a couple of these birthday goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always do a birthday surprise breakfast. in the morning I'll get a Little Debbie treat or something similar and put a candle in; while we all stand around singing happy birthday. it's a sweet treat at my children look forward to every yea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! I do this for each of my kids every year too! My husband and I usually end up staying up until 1am or later decorating etc, but it's so worth it!! I like some of your ideas, might have to copy you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My son turns two April 19th and he loves balloons. This is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great ideas! My nieces stay with me when school is out, so I might decorate like this when their Mom drops them off for the first day of summer vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! We did something similar with my 2-yr-old for her birthday. We filled her room with balloons while she was watching Baby Einstein. We made a video if you are interested. Hilarious! It was the best day.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yMz0cvMoAX4
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now that my older children are 25 & 23 they can tell you about every birthday morning if theirs from power ranger themes to princess to iPod music themes. I wanted them to grow older and share the experience with their own children. Now a days with a 4 year old boy who is going to have paw patrol this year 5 year old birthday morning theme he has had some wonderful parties these past 4 years Disney Cars, Thomas, Pocoyo and Jake and the never land pirate's.. Love my children...

    ReplyDelete
  14. My kiddos wake up to a bed full of balloons. Well, my daughters are usually all in the floor because she flip flops so much. They love it. Then they get to pick where we go to eat that night before cake and gifts.

    ReplyDelete