Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Giving Thanks Tree




















It's the time of year to reflect on all we are thankful for. With Thanksgiving fast approaching I wanted to do something special, memorable and begin a tradition for years to come. So I got the idea for the Giving Thanks tree, originally called Gratitude Tree here http://meandmyinsanity.com/2008/11/gratitude-tree.html#comment-8090.

We just so happened to come across a big roll of brown paper from my parents who recently moved. So we rolled it out and my husband drew out the tree outline, cut it and hung it up. I traced and cut out some leaves on construction paper and every day we will write on a leaf what we are thankful for and add it to the tree. By Thanksgiving the tree should be full of beautiful leaves and many many thanks!

Excuse the tape all over the tree, I'm working to hide it! 

I even made a little pouch and hung it on the door next to the tree to hold the leaves we will add. 

I am all about starting traditions with my family to make everlasting memories for my son. This is such an easy way to start one for Thanksgiving.

Enjoy! ~ Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment