Monday, March 11, 2013

5 Minute, $5.00 St. Patty's Day Wreath


Does anyone else think this year is just going by way too quickly? I just realized that St. Patty's day is coming up, and Easter is right after that! Wow, time is FLYING BY!

Anyway, I wanted to put up a wreath for St. Patty's Day, but seeing as it was only going to be up for a short amount of time and I didn't really have any craft funds I had to force myself to get simple and cheap. But that's always a good thing in my book! So here we have a 5 Minute, $5.00 St. Patty's Day Wreath.

Here is what you will need:
*straw wreath (I purchased this from Walmart for under $4.00)
*green streamer (I purchased from the dollar store for $1.00)
*floral pins (like these that I used when making the birthday wreath, so I had on hand)
Birthday Wreath Tutorial
*bright green card stock (I had on hand)
*pipe cleaner (I had on hand, or use whatever method of wreath hanging you like!)

So I took the streamer and wrapped it around the wreath and secured it with tape. It looked like this. 

Then I secured the floral pins and pipe cleaner on the back so I could hang it on my front door.

Then I cut some clovers out of the bright green card stock and taped them to the wreath. I am lacking in the shape cutting skills, I am sure you will do an awesome job. Or if you have a chance to hit up the craft store pick up some wooden clovers, or a rainbow or little leprechaun! You can really get creative with this! Here is the finished product:

This took me only 5 minutes to make. It's not the most elaborate or special St. Patty's Day wreath, but it works for me!

Happy St. Patty's Day everyone- may the luck of the Irish be with you!
~ Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment